Salary: $22.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
The primary purpose of this position is to work directly in the Transloading group in the full range of duties and responsibilities involved in the moving of butane; to provide backup coverage to other material handling operations when required; and to develop and exhibit the necessary safety culture, leadership, decision making, and operational skills required.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
· Demonstrate predictable, reliable, and timely attendance.
· Follow written and verbal directions to complete assigned tasks on schedule.
· Read, write, and communicate in English & understand basic math.
· Learn from directions, observations, and mistakes and apply procedures using good judgment
· Operating conveyors, forklifts, and cranes.
· Prepare equipment for product transfer.
· Transfer a variety of product materials, to\from railcars and trucks utilizing safe operating procedures
· Observes radio and hand signals in work area.
· Complete all applicable documentation, recordkeeping, and daily inventory.
· Must be able to bend, stoop, lift up to 50 pounds alone, twist, climb. Must be able to talk and hear well enough to communicate with all team members, vendors, and customers 100% of the time
· Participate in safety briefings, job briefings, and any other pass on information from team members, management, or customer.
· Climb onto top and underneath railcars in order to inspect and seal railcars using a checklist
· Ability to work outside majority of the time and withstand extreme weather conditions.
· Must be able to work with a team, take direction and follow work rules, as well as, take on additional job responsibilities as needed or assigned.
· Performs other duties as requested or required
Requirements and Experience:
· High school education or general education development (GED).
· At least 1-year job-related experience; or equivalent of education and experience.
· Ability to pass training and required testing.
· Must be 18 years of age or older.
· Must possess a valid driver’s license.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
· Must have the ability to apply common sense and understanding to carry out written and oral instructions.
· Must be able to perform duties that require heavy lifting.
· Must be willing to work outdoors in varying weather conditions.
· Must have the ability to recognize problems.
· The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a team member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
· The team member is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and elements, noise, and fumes from gas, oil, and grease.
Machines, Tools, Special Equipment, Personal Protective Equipment Used:
· Hammers, ratchets, chisel, pry bar, wrenches, and brushes.
· Forklifts, conveyors, and crane equipment.
· PPE; hard hat, vest, safety glasses, FR clothing, gloves, steel toed boots
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a team member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. This position will regularly list heavy materials and will be required to climb, balance, stoop/bend, twist, squat/kneel, crawl, and operate off of foot & hand controls.
Note: The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by team members assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.