Jaguar Transport Holdings, LLC is looking for a Corporate Controller who will be responsible for the day-to-day direct supervision of all accounting functions. Primary responsibilities include supervision of the monthly financial statement close process (FSCP), control of General Ledger and corresponding reconciliations, supervising accounts payable & accounts receivable, monthly reporting to the CFO and Management, completion of monthly sales tax returns, support our annual budget process, and monitor internal controls. The Corporate Controller will also be part of a team that creates and implements policies and procedures to identify, resolve and document accounting issues in addition to creating procedures to make the close and reporting processes more efficient and accurate. The Corporate Controller will also coordinate the execution of the annual financial audit with the Company’s external auditors. The Corporate Controller will be a key member of the Jaguar Transport Holdings team and help facilitate the company’s ONETEAM culture by promoting collaboration and communication between the support team and our field operations team daily.
Specific duties include:
- Month end adjusting entries and oversight
- Fixed Asset control and accounting supervision
- Preparation of workpapers supporting the monthly close process and month end balances
- Review bank reconciliations, loan schedules, inventory schedules, etc.
- Monthly FSCP including analytical review of the monthly operating results to ensure accurate accounting records are maintained
- Prepare monthly reporting package and related schedules
- Assist CFO in building robust and effective FSCP to improve the close and reporting cycles
- Monthly Sales Tax compilation and filing to multiple states
- Support strategic initiatives to improve accounting processes and reduce risk
- Lead efforts to ensure successful annual audit process
- Bachelors and/or Masters degree in Accounting or related field
- CPA preferred
- 10+ years’ experience in the accounting and finance sector
- 4+ years’ experience managing accountants and the accounting and finance process
- 3+ years in a position equivalent to a controller or higher responsibilities
- Experience operating in a multi-entity, high growth organization
- Proficiency in the use of computerized accounting systems,
- Experience with Microsoft Business Central ERP system a plus.
- Experience with external audit process
Familiarity with preparing and reviewing tax returns a plus
Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
Ability to perform detailed tasks and organize workload while meeting deadlines
Good GAAP and financial reporting technical skills
Knowledge of accounting methods, procedures, IRS 1099 reporting requirements
Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, and to interact effectively.
Ability to lead and mentor the accounting team
Ability to multi-task in a fast paced work environment
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
Other related duties as assigned.