The primary purpose of the Warehouse Supervisor position is to oversee operations and maintenance for Houston Rail Park and ensure safe, efficient, and profitable operations. Ensure the rail park delivers the right service at the right time to our customers. The Warehouse Supervisor will work directly with the Warehouse Manager to lead the operations team and foster a cooperative and result oriented working environment which enables our team members to achieve our mutual goals.
Essential Job Duties & Responsibilities
The specific duties and responsibilities of the Warehouse Manager include, but are not limited to the following:
- Ensure the operational success of the operation by working directly with the Warehouse Manager to be proactive with planning and effectively managing facility operations and maintenance.
- Drive efficiency throughout the facility by increasing productivity and controlling costs.
- Ensure safe operating standards are in place throughout the facility in order to eliminate personal injury and property damage.
- Foster positive work environment through transparent communications and leadership that builds a completely engaged team.
- Deliver the right level of service at the right time to our customers.
- Manage all aspects of operations within the facility with regard to forklift operating, railcar switching, material handling, and maintenance.
- Effectively plan and schedule all movements within the facility.
- Interact with the customer regularly and participate in operational meetings.
- Interview, hire, apply discipline, and deliver performance appraisals for direct reports.
- Ensure environmental, safety, and operational procedures and process are diligently and consistently followed.
- Manage, inventory, and order critical spares and supplies needed.
- Must be available to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Maintain and develop safety culture among all team members.
- Complete all applicable documentation and recordkeeping.
- Provide coverage and support for the Operations Manager
- Other duties as assigned by the Operations Manager.
- Follow written and verbal instructions
- Perform additional duties as required
- Experience in some or all of the:
- Bulk beverage handling from railcars and trucks.
- Railcar switching
- Forklift operating
- Operation maintenance of equipment
- Degree is preferred but not required.
- 2 years of supervisory experience is preferred
- Able to effectively communicate both written and verbally in English.
- Ability to strategically plan and coordinate movements throughout the facility.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills for a multifaceted work environment.
- Effectively communicate and direct the operating team.
- Ensure performance reports, updates, and other correspondences are effectively communicated.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications with emphasis on Excel and Outlook.
- Utilize a coaching/mentoring style leadership to support and develop the operating teams.
- Ability to provide oral and written reports, business correspondence, and effectively present information and respond to customers, team members, and managers.
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the Company and its insurers.
- Some travel within the United States may be required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, strong oral and written communication.
- Detail oriented and customer focused.
- Ability to troubleshoot operational problems.
- Familiar with applicable Federal, State and Local regulatory agency requirements.
- Successful completion of a background check and drug screen.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job
- Must be able to talk and hear well enough to communicate with co-workers, supervisors and others within the company 100% of the time.
- Must be able to reach with arms and hands to perform inspection, maintenance and repair duties when needed.
- Must be able to bend, stoop, twist, kneel, squat 100%.
- Must be able to see well enough to do paperwork and operate equipment.