Team Member duties that include record keeping, quality control, and maintenance as they pertain to transloading. Responsible for the setup and breakdown of equipment, performing Quality Assurance, and facility cleanliness as well as care of customer and company property.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: (Other duties may be assigned as necessary)
- Responsible for transloader setup and breakdown procedures such as placing all control valves in the proper position to allow product to flow from railcar to truck. Will be required to monitor product flow from railcar to trailer.
- Perform maintenance on transloaders and other equipment (e.g., tighten loose bolts, replace and inspect transloader filters, repair or replace components, etc.)
- Responsible for the documentation of all daily throughput in addition to providing customers with accurate car inventory, ticket scans and other housekeeping items.
- Perform general maintenance on equipment and facility.
- Ability to repeatedly lift 80 pounds to a height of 66 inches and climb steps and ladders.
- Perform opening, closing, and railcar inspections.
- Under all circumstances must take every action possible to prevent injury, incident, or damage to personnel, equipment, and property.
- Work safely and efficiently, complying with all company and OSHA safety procedures, policies, and rules, including wearing required PPE (personal protective equipment).
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required
- Rail Transload experience preferred but not required
- Knowledge of HAZMAT safety and transloading helpful
- Must be able to work during any shift, including days, weekends, and holidays as assigned
- Mechanical ability
Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Must be able to deal with problems that occur in rail car transloading as they occur.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. The Team Member frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The Team Member is occasionally required to sit and taste or smell. The Team Member must occasionally lift and/or move heavy weights. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly exposed to outside weather conditions and may be required to work in extreme weather. The Team Member is frequently exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.