The Safety Manager will develop, coordinate, and implement occupational health policies and procedures to promote and ensure effective safety operations in the organization.
- Maintain the OSHA safety log and other administrative requirements related to safety operations and regulations.
- Leads accident investigations and identifies measures to prevent recurrences.
- Collaborates with management to develop, prepare, and implement safety policies and procedures.
- Ensures compliance with federal, state, and local safety laws, regulations, codes, and rules.
- Ensures completion of required OSHA recordkeeping and reporting.
- Provides technical and administrative support to the team.
- Stops operations and activities that could harm employees or equipment.
- Identifies opportunities to minimize workplace injuries, accidents, and health problems.
- Conducts employee training on applicable safety standards.
- Reviews safety training and recommends revisions, improvements, and updates.
- Conducts safety inspections and audits to assess employee compliance with safety regulations.
- Reviews accident and incident reports.
- Advises VP of Safety and compliance on safety compliance concerns and preventative actions.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Extensive knowledge of current company safety policies and applicable Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to conduct training.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
- Must be able to travel overnight at least 30-50% of the time.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in health and safety, Safety Engineering, Environmental Health, or related field required.
- At least five years of occupational health and safety experience in an industrial environment required.
- Prolonged periods sitting at a desk and working on a computer.
- Must be able to lift up to 25 pounds at times.
- Ability to travel throughout facility as required to conduct safety inspections.