The Grant Project Manager will organize, manage, and develop complex structures and systems to successfully implement and manage all components of awarded grants for the maintenance of way department within the Jaguar Transport Holdings network.
· Oversees a team of managers and contractors to ensure projects are completed on time and to specifications.
· Delegates work and assignments to team members based on expertise, work experience, and time constraints.
· Perform all duties and tasks safely and in compliance with all company policies and procedures.
· Outlines the tasks involved in the project and delegates accordingly.
· Conducts cost analysis, estimating expected costs for the project.
· Coordinate and arrange for material deliveries and facilitate unloading at desired locations.
· Prepare and document project time and material consumption based on budget estimates.
· Conducts risk assessments; reports identified risks to management; provides recommendations for mitigation of risk (including termination of the project if appropriate).
· Addresses questions, concerns, and/or complaints throughout the project.
· Acts as a liaison between company, state, and vendors.
· Ensures compliance with federal, state, local, industry, contractual, and company regulations, standards, specifications, and best practices.
· Performs other related duties as assigned.
· Knowledge and competence in FRA 213 Track Safety Standards and AREMA standards and specifications.
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
· Excellent interpersonal and customer service skills.
· Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
· Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
· Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
· Strong supervisory and leadership skills.
· Ability to prioritize tasks and to delegate them when appropriate.
· Thorough understanding of or the ability to quickly learn about the project or product being developed.
· Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite or related software.
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in related field, which may include Computer Science, Business, or Engineering, required.
· At least three years of related experience required.
· PMP, PgMP, CAPM, and/or comparable project management certifications are highly desirable.